There are a number of issues facing Recreation in Canada including:
- perception as a “soft service”
- fragmentation of efforts and resources
- rising health challenges
- aging infrastructure
- moving up$cale
- demographics shifts
- climate change
According to Brenda Robertson’s closing remarks at Recreation Rising event in January 2013, “recreation is adrift and rudderless in a sea of possibilities”.
Our 2015 RSS 4092 students were asked:
1) What is the most significant issue?
2) Who is responsible for addressing the issue(s)?
3) What can be done to “fix” the issue(s)?